Experts Currently Online 9
Questions Answered Today 31
Average Response Time 48 Mins
If you have lost money by investing in a forestry scheme, you may be one of many who are entitled to take legal action and potentially receive compensation.
A number of mis-sold pension schemes use the promise of environmental benefits on top of promised high returns as incentives to invest in forestry schemes. Thousands of individuals have lost money after being advised to invest in these schemes. Forestry schemes were often sold as part of a Self-Invested Personal Pension (SIPP) on the promise of big returns, which in the end, did not materialise.
There are various forestry schemes you might have invested in, a couple of names you might recognise are Global Forestry and Ethical Forestry.
If you experienced any of the following whilst making an investment in forestry you may be entitled to compensation:
- You were not aware of the level of risk the scheme involved.
- You have made a loss after investing in a forestry scheme.
- You were cold called by an advisor who pressured you into investing in forestry
- You felt pressure to commit to the scheme.
- You were advised to invest your existing pension even though this was not in your best interests.
- You did not fully understand what was involved in the investment process.
- You were given bad advice and recommended a scheme that was not appropriate for your needs.
- You took out a Sipp for tax avoidance.
- There were additional costs that were not clarified before making the investment
- You were unaware of how this type of investment would affect your tax position/liability.
- If any of the above apply to you, get in touch with one of our advisors today. You do not have to have lost money yet to make a claim. It is still possible to make a claim for mis-selling before suffering any loss, in fact, compensation of up to £50,000 can be claimed!.